OPTION # 1: YOGA FOR OSTEOPOROSIS:
• 6 Modules of Online Learning with lectures and yoga practices, plus Q&As,
* Bonus ebook: Loren Fishman, MD: Osteoporosis Drugs: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
* Bonus ebook: The 8 Myths of Osteoporosis - Why There's More to Fracture Preventing Than Building Bone Mass
OPTION #2 PREMIUM COURSE:
YOGA FOR OSTEOPOROSIS & FRACTURE PREVENTION!
* All the material included in the Yoga for Osteoporosis Foundations Course
* Yoga for Osteoporosis: Other Keys to Fracture Prevention
3-hr. Online Course and yoga practices with a focus on balance and healthy aging
* Yoga for Osteoporosis: Preventing or Reversing Hyperkyphosis
3-Hr. Online Course and yoga practices focused on hyperkyphosis, an emerging risk factor for fractures, disability and early mortality.
Hyperkyphosis is an exaggerated rounding of the upper spine a.k.a. dowager's hump. Learn why it represents an independent risk factor for fractures and early mortality, and how yoga can help prevent the condition.
ALSO INCLUDED IN OPTION #2!
$250+ In BONUSES!
1. FOUR YOGA FOR OSTEOPOROSIS VIDEOS.
These four video yoga practices with author and yoga therapist Ellen Saltonstall will show you the details of how to target your yoga practice to stimulate bone growth.
2. FREE EBOOK: OSTEOPOROSIS DRUGS: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY. In this free eBook, Loren Fishman, MD details the essential things that every woman should know if considering bisphosphonates, the main class of osteoporosis drugs.
3. FREE EBOOK: THE 8 MYTHS OF OSTEOPOROSIS. This free eBook explores some of the controversies around osteoporosis diagnosis, prevention and treatment. Learn why low bone mass may not necessarily mean what you think it means, and the key overlooked factor in osteoporosis prevention.
4. FREE WEBINAR: TEACHING THERAPEUTIC YOGA COURSES TO AGING POPULATIONS. Ever wondered how you might serve the aging boomer population better with your yoga teaching? Therapeutic yoga courses offers a unique approach to target the large number of boomers curious to try yoga and hungry for its benefits. In this free webinar, YogaUOnline.com founders Terry Smith, Ph.D. and Eva Norlyk Smith, Ph.D. go into details about what therapeutic yoga courses are and how to put them together for your target audience.
5. TWO ONLINE YOGA PRACTICES FOR IMPROVING POSTURE AND REVERSING OR SLOWING HYPERKYPHOSIS. As part of this bonus course, you will get two 20-minute yoga practices with a corrective posture sequence to help strengthen the back, counteract hyperkyphosis and improve posture in a holistic and complete way.
6. FREE REPORT: SAFE MOVEMENTS OF THE SPINE FOR PEOPLE WITH OSTEOPOROSIS. Which movements are safe for people with osteoporosis? Which should be avoided? How much do we really know about the safety of different spinal movements, and are there downsides to being overly cautious? In this free report, author, yoga therapist, and Heller practitioners Anita Boser and yoga teacher and author Eva Norlyk Smith, Ph.D. present findings of the research literature on spinal health and best movement practices for osteoporosis. This report is extrapolated from a paper previously published in the International Journal of Yoga Therapy.
7. BONUS WEBINAR: THE VERTEBRAL FRACTURE CASCADE —UNDERSTANDING VERTERBRAL FRACTURES. About 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls, as are most other osteoporotic fractures. When it comes to vertebral fragility fractures, however, these can occur spontaneously and fall into a category of their own. In this online session, author and yoga therapist Anita Boser and author and yoga teacher Eva Norlyk Smith, Ph.D. go more deeply into the nature of vertebral fragility fracture and best practices for preventing them.
8. TWO $25 COUPONS TO USE TOWARDS YOUR NEXT COURSES WITH YOGA U! As a bonus for attending, get two $25 coupons towards your next online courses at YogaUOnline.com. Choose among our great selection of continuing education courses with Judith Hanson Lasater, Tom Myers, Doug Keller, Julie Gudmestad, Dr. Baxter Bell, and many, many more.
Turn the Challenge of Thinning Bones into a Catalyst for Greater Health, Well-being and Energy
Groundbreaking Online Course for Yoga Teachers, Fitness Trainers, Physical Therapists and Experienced Yoga Practitioners
LOREN FISHMAN, MD
Loren Fishman, MD is Medical Director of Manhattan Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in New York City, author of nine books, and a world-recognized pioneer in the therapeutic applications of yoga.
Dr. Fishman has applied yoga to the treatment of sciatica, osteoporosis, scoliosis, rotator cuff syndrome, multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, and shoulder pain. His work has been reviewed in articles by Jane Brody in The New York Times, by CNN, Huffington Post and numerous scientific and international periodicals.
Dr. Fishman is the co-author with Ellen Saltonstall on Yoga for Osteoporosis and Yoga for Arthritis, and he has written extensively on the benefits of yoga for sciatica, back pain, multiple sclerosis, and healthy aging.
Join us for an in-depth online course with Loren Fishman, MD and yoga therapist Ellen Saltonstall, authors of Yoga for Osteoporosis and pioneers in the field of osteoporosis prevention and natural approaches to successful aging.
For millions of women, the quest to combat the thinning bones of osteoporosis can be a haunting specter. A diagnosis of osteoporosis or osteopenia can have debilitating consequences, not just for a woman's long-term health outlook, but for her mental and emotional well-being as well.
A growing body of research points to numerous ways to prevent fractures and avoid age-related frailty. Many of these approaches aren't just alternative ways to preventing osteoporotic fractures, they are essential components of a balanced program to ensure long-term, healthy aging.
Yoga for Osteoporosis is one emerging approach that is showing promise as a way to counteract thinning bones, without undesirable side effects. Preliminary studies indicate that practiced in the right way, yoga can indeed help build bone mass.
The significance of yoga in preventing fractures, however, goes beyond a narrow focus on bone mass. The message of yoga is that we CAN turn the challenge of thinning bones into a powerful catalyst for creating greater levels of health, well-being and energy as we get older.
The recipe for preventing osteoporosis-related fractures and frailty is, in essence, also the recipe for successful aging: It is the key to enjoying optimal health and well-being all through life.
In this groundbreaking online course for yoga teachers and experienced yoga practitioners, Dr. Fishman and Ms. Saltonstall will discuss recent new developments in the field of osteoporosis prevention and treatment, and go deeply into their unique approach to practicing and teaching yoga for osteoporosis. The work of Loren Fishman, MD and Ellen Saltonstall has been featured in The New York Times, CNN.com, and the Huffington Post, and this is a unique opportunity to study with two pioneers in the therapeutic use of yoga for successful aging.
• How and why osteoporosis develops and the best ways to prevent it
• Common osteoporosis drugs that you may want to avoid
• How yoga affects osteoporosis and which are the best ways to practice yoga to stimulate bone growth
• Why conventional exercise approaches fall short and what yoga has to offer to counteract thinning bones
• How to interpret DEXA scan numbers and the limitations of current diagnostic approaches
• What yoga teachers need to know when teaching yoga for osteoporosis to aging boomers
• Key precautions for practicing yoga for osteoporosis and any other type of exercise
• The essential movements you must do every single day to keep the bones of the spine strong
• Why preventing fractures and prevent frailty as we get older involves a lot more than simply focusing on low bone mass, and how yoga helps
• Cutting-edge new developments in osteoporosis treatment, diagnosis, and prevention that your doctor might not even know about
• The 3 other key degenerative processes in the body that you must counteract for healthy aging, and how yoga helps
Ellen Saltonstall (E-RYT 500, C-IAYT) is a yoga instructor and body therapist based in New York with extensive training in the Iyengar and Anusara methods. She has been a practitioner of yoga and meditation for over 40 years.
She teaches Bodymind Ballwork, a method of self-massage using rubber balls which she developed, and she co-authored Yoga for Arthritis, 2008, and Yoga for Osteoporosis, 2010 with Dr. Loren Fishman. Her book Anatomy & Yoga: A Guide for Teachers and Students was released in December 2016. She offers yoga therapy webinars through YogaOnlineU.com, and she teaches nationally and internationally with a specialty in anatomy and therapeutics.
She is known for her clarity and depth of knowledge, and her enthusiasm in encouraging students of all levels to find freedom and joy through yoga. Please visit her website at ellensaltonstall.com
“I continue to study the online osteoporosis videos and other materials, which are tremendously helpful to me in my yoga therapy studies. It is wonderful that the sessions are recorded, so that one can review them as many times as one wants.” —Dana
“I have learned so much from the trainings that I have done and feel like I learn more through Yoga U Online than I would at a live training because I have the notes and transcripts to reference!” —Susie G.
“Thanks for your wonderful service allowing me to study with teachers I otherwise couldn't meet.” —Petra K.
“YogaU's offerings are the best online learning resource I have, and well worth the investment for keeping informed, reinforcing, and enhancing my learning of the teaching and practice of yoga.” —Marilyn D.
Choose the best option for you!
One-Time Payment of